Living on your own private island is a dream for many - however a stay at the Isle of Eriska Hotel, Spa & Golf allows you to turn this fantasy into reality.
Cross over to the Island by its very own bridge into this small oasis where Highland cattle graze, badgers visit nearby and grey seals swim in the surrounding waters. Distant Islands form a stunning backdrop to Eriska's Golf Course and guests can enjoy a spot of sailing, shooting and many other activities during their stay. While there is no excuse for being lazy here, there is every excuse for relaxing with plush ESPA spa suite.
At Isle of Eriska they harvest ingredients from the flourishing island and capture the nutrients of the sea to nourish your body, mind and soul. Delivering unique Scottish experiences, Stables Spa provides you with a setting to refresh, regenerate and release your inner wellbeing.
Set in the former stables building and accessed by a path through the Spa Garden, Stables Spa offers five treatment Rooms, three to connect you to the natural land, plants and wood, and two connecting you to the cleansing sea and tranquil shores that surrounds you.
Natural products ishga and ESPA have been chosen to create refreshing treatments, to infuse the mind, allowing your body to be cleansed with every breath harmonising you with the island.
- Face: Choose from a range of facial treatments using ishga and ESPA products, including customised, advanced and anti-ageing; if you’re not sure which is for you, just ask for a recommendation.
- Body: Body range encompasses exfoliating, detoxifying and therapeutic treatments that will leave your skin feeling smooth, soft and hydrated and your body completely relaxed.
- Massage: Choose from an extensive range of treatments that are relaxing and calming to releave stress, stimulating to ease tired limbs and therapeutic to release muscular tension and fatigue.
- Finishing Touches: Finishing touches include waxing and tinting treatments that are exatly that, the finishing touches that will leave you feeling confident.
- Men: Targeted and effective massage treatments for men to relieve stress, tension and muscle aches. Our deeply relaxing massages relieve stress related to business pressure, travel or intense exersise regimens.
- Hands & Feet: Maintain healthy looking hands and feet with indulgent manicures and pedicures. Nourishing products repair and condition nails and soften skin to maintain the appearence of your hands and feet.
- Treatment Programmes: Our Treatment Programmes range from 130 minutes to 200 minutes and includes a focus on total relaxation of the body and therapeutic detoxification. Arrive earlier to take advantage of ozone indoor heated pool, sauna and steam room to relax your mucles before your treatments.
- Specialised Therapies: Specialised Therapies provide a sense of harmony and peace of mind through several all embracing treatments influencing vital energy points on your body. The blend of oils can be chosen to individual requirements.
Being based on an Island is a start giving water as a boundary but it also gives a great opportunity to offer a wealth of activities and much, much more in the surrounding areas.
At Eriska there is a wide range of activites for all levels, both in and outdoors. The indoor sportshall is open everyday, and activities can be scheduled on the island or arrangements can be made with local providers.
The golf facility at Eriska is ever evolving. The long term intention of the property owners is to create a 9 hole course with teaching and practice facilities so when they began back in 1994 they began with a simple three hole pitch and put triangle. This has evolved through a 9 hole par three course to a six hole par 22 course with the intention to reach a nine hole par 35 course eventually. So for now it as a vacation course with driving range and practice facility.
The Golf Course and Driving Range is open to Non-residents as well as hotel Residents from 8am until 8pm seven days a week. All ages and abilites are welcome to play the course and use the driving range.
No need to book in advance, turn up and pay to play! Enjoy stunning views as you make your way around our golf course for only £15.00 (adults) and £7.50 (children) a day and £6.00 for the Driving Range. Golf clubs and golf trolleys are available to hire from the Stables Reception. Make a day of it and enjoy a golfers lunch in Veranda Restaurant from 12.30pm until 2pm.
Clay Pigeon Shooting
Clay Pigeon Shooting is available between 10:30 and 15:00 Monday - Saturday. Suitable for both experienced shooters and the new beginner, however you must be 15 years or older.
Try this ancient and noble sport using the traditional longbow of the Scottish Highlands. Learn the basics of this challenging weapon and test your martial skill under the guidance of former 'longbow World Champion of the Wand' 2006, Sean O'Byrne. Archery is taken part 4.5 miles from the hotel.
Sailing & Water Sports
The west highlands are best seen from the sea and arrangements can be made for sailing trips in luxury yachts or alternatively cocktails watching the sun going down on one of the local motor vessels. For the more adventourous there is kayaking trips with Sea Kayak Oban.
Sea Fishing on the west coast has had some very successful seasons and trips in local boats can be arranged to track down that deep sea fish. Inverawe Fisheries is only a 30 minute drive away from the hotel.
You can hire one of the hotel TREK mountain bikes to cycle the island, explore the surrounding area or load them on your car for a day trip! Hire a bike between 08:00 and 16:00 daily for a 24hour period.
Eriska itself is a 300 Acre paradise for those simply wishing to wander. It is easy to do simply walk till you meet the sea, turn left or right and when you reach the bridge or the Pier simply head back to the main house.
What is a country house hotel without its own croquet lawn? The casual and social game of croquet can be enjoyed by people of all ages and can be played in many different ways. Equipment and rules can be found in the reception.
Book your stay at Isle of Eriska Hotel Spa & Golf and enjoy the Eriska Experience!