Entirely dedicated to promote the well-being of guests, The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, Prague offers the ultimate escape in the Golden City. It combines harmonious design elements with therapeutic rituals and is housed in a truly unique venue — a former Renaissance chapel. Guests are greeted in a vast light-filled lobby, the former nave. The glass flooring encases illuminated remnants of a one-time Gothic church that were uncovered during the site’s reconstruction. Spread over two floors, the Spa features seven treatment rooms including two couples’ suites. Each is unique; some are vaulted, others arched, giving guests a true sense of place. An underground passageway links the Spa to the hotel, ensuring in-room guests’ complete privacy.
A haven of tranquillity within the heart of Prague, the Spa offers an exclusive selection of pampering rituals designed to de-stress, relax and revitalise. Using Mandarin Oriental’s signature collection of luxury spa products developed by Aromatherapy Associates, the Spa tailors treatments to the specific needs of each guest, acknowledging their individuality.
Adopting a different approach to the traditional spa experience, the Spa at Mandarin Oriental, Prague offers a series of innovative and restorative treatments, known as Time RitualsTM, where guests are encouraged to book “Time” rather than a specific treatment, so that services can be tailor-made to meet individual needs. Each Time Ritual begins with a soothing foot bath and massage, designed to restore a natural state of equilibrium.
Among the unique features of the private spa suites are the following:
- A Vitality Pool, designed to aid the release of tired and aching joints. It contains a selection of hydrotherapy body jets, a floor jet and a reclining deckchair with jets to gently massage the entire body.
- Another innovative element in the relaxation process is a traditional Rasul, designed to induce mental peace, tranquillity, inspiration and meditation.
- Several Steam Showers are perfect for relaxing before or after a treatment in the gentle, moist heat of aroma-infused steam.
- A Tea Lounge invites guests to unwind while listening to calming music or enjoying one of the exclusively blended exotic herbal teas. Guests are then led by therapists to their treatment suites. The experience starts with a relaxing foot massage whilst an individual analysis of each guest’s lifestyle and characteristics takes place in order to individually tailor their Ritual.
The rituals could include the following:
- Mandarin Oriental Signature Spa therapies and products: developed in consultation with specialists in Traditional Chinese Medicine and master aromatherapists, each signature therapy consists of a relaxing, hands-on body massage ritual that combines the powerful effects of oriental meridian massage with the therapeutic benefits of custom-blended essential oils, created uniquely for Mandarin Oriental.
- Oriental Harmony: two therapists correspond in time and movement, providing a warm scrub that smoothes and replenishes the skin, followed by a harmonious massage that balances the body.
- Linden Embrace: unique to Mandarin Oriental, Prague, this treatment is inspired by the noble linden, the Czech Republic’s national tree; the treatment is designed to be deeply soothing and emotionally satisfying. The Linden Embrace commences with a Bohemian tea ceremony where a linden blossom tea is served on iconic local porcelain, continues with a gentle full-body exfoliation, a warming massage using linden poultices, and finally a warm wrap to seal in a sense of calmness, safety and warmth. The therapist then completes the treatment with a gentle scalp massage to help the mind completely release, removing any last traces of tension.
- UTOPIA Advanced Anti-Ageing Facial Treatment: focuses on the complete rejuvenation of the face, eyes, neck and hands. This luxurious 90-minute spa experience starts with a deep cleanse and exfoliation before guests enjoy a unique lifting, toning, reflexology pressure point massage that targets the stress and strain of over-used facial muscles using Gaylia Kristensen’s precious Passion Oil. A pure plant collagen facial mask will then be applied to help stimulate collagen and elastin production, creating an instant lift, visibly sweeping away lines and wrinkles and repairing the appearance of UV-damaged skin. The result is radiant, lifted, dramatically younger looking skin.
In July 2012, The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, Prague introduced “Beauty by Mandarin Oriental”, a series of results-oriented, anti-ageing facial treatments designed to maximise tone, texture and skin radiance using bespoke Aromatherapy Associates products and the pioneering, advanced anti-ageing skincare product line by Gaylia Kristensen, Australia.
The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, Prague also offers holistic hand, foot and nail treatments. A separate fitness centre located in the main building features state-of-the-art cardiovascular equipment as well as two saunas.
A display of original Baroque foundations of the former monastery enhances the ambience. The fitness centre is open daily between 6:30am and 10pm. The services of qualified personal fitness trainers can be arranged by appointment.